Wednesday 19 May 2010

Corner view Vienna: Collecting books


This week's corner view theme is collections. Well, I am not a collector, but I love books and I used to have a lot of them. Then I started to travel and live in different countries. After my books had crossed the Atlantic a couple of times, I stored them in boxes. When I moved to Spain some years ago, I gave away most of them.

However, I am slowly developing a collection of books again in my home in Málaga. There are great bookshops here in Vienna and everytime I go home, I bring back books :)

The photo above is from last month when I visited the bookshop in Kunstforum with my daughter. She is hiding behind the bookshelves.

If you want to see more collections around the world, visit Jane's blog, Spain Daily.

15 comments:

  1. what a lovely collection! I love books and wish I would have lots of them.. but my book collection is still relatively small. that bookstore in the photo looks great:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we're reaching the point where we also need to give some books away ... but I'm not sure I can part from any!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohh I can see her :)
    books are always a great collection!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the joy of collecting books (or simply the joy of books!) shines through your post!
    I think I see her too---sweet:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. collecting books is the best. i´m catching up on all your photos. they are wonderful! besos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, thank you for your comment.
    The name of the bag in my post is "furoshikii"; I just gave a short reply on my CV post for you and Francesca.

    Happy and colorful day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't stop buying books myself. No kindle or Nook in this home. There is something about being able to smell the ink and turn the page that I am just not ready to give up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a colorful collection of books! A good portrait too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. There are so many books I wish I still had, but with many moves my story is similar. That's what used bookstores and Amazon.com are great for.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think that I can understand ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice photo. Pink and grey go together almost better than any other two colours.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Collecting books is a great one. Love to visit that store!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes of course, books ! so important... I'm nearly fanatic !

    ReplyDelete