Wednesday 16 December 2009

Corner view Vienna: Books


Here is a view to our books waiting to be read or inspired by here in Vienna.

Actually, the one I am reading now, Sea of Poppies (1st book of a triology) by Amitav Ghosh, is not on the photo. I have been reading it for ages, but I am now on p. 227 (of 530) and it is slowly getting more interesting ...

I am also getting quite hooked on audiobooks and have listened to all the The No.1 Ladies' Detective Agency books. Great books listening to while doing something else :-)

Oh, and I also subscribe to DR Læseklubber (Denmark's Radio bookclubs) where you can sometimes download books in Danish as podcasts a.o.

For more corner views around the world check out Spain Daily or use the link in the sidebar on this page.

9 comments:

  1. and the owls are so pretty too!

    Lo's of readfun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun ! I love the pile of books you have waiting to be read !! And I too love the owls ... and the trees on the wall in the background !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this picture thant gives the impression I can take one book and read (in english ;)) ! I got some italian and english books too...

    I have never tried audio books, but it's a good idea too... I think it's like my parents read me stories... a great pleasure !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also have tried audio books...interesting option.
    Lovely picture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. great photo and the owls are so cute.
    I've heard a lot about audio books - my kids like them but I've never tried them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. your photo is nice !! I have never tried the audio book... but i'll. Bises

    ReplyDelete
  7. The first thing that caught my eye are those darling little owls! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. never tried audiobooks. really?
    number 1 ladies' detective agency! seen a couple of the episodes (series with jill scott, whom I love) but mwah. perhaps listening or reading it...

    ReplyDelete
  9. dorte
    i know it's about the books but i really love the owls!!!

    ReplyDelete